Marco Fanfani, PhD
Marco Fanfani received the Ph.D. degree in informatics and multimedia analysis from the University of Florence in 2015. Before, in 2008 and 2011 he obtained respectively his BCs and MSc degrees in Information Engineering from the University of Florence. From 2012 he has been working at the Computational Vision Group (CVG) of the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Florence. His research activities focus on computer vision topics related to the geometrical analysis of images and videos, with particular interest on SLAM, stereo vision, 3D reconstruction and laser-based active reconstruction. He worked on the Thesaurus, and Arrows projects aimed at the development of intelligent vision systems for underwater vehicles (AUV). Now he is currently involved in the SUONO project - aimed at the development of smart ROV - and the MedifFor project on image forensics, funded by DARPA.
- M. Fanfani, M. Iuliani, F. Bellavia, C. Colombo and A. Piva, "A vision-based fully automated approach to robust image cropping detection". Signal Processing: Image Communication, Elsevier 2019
- M. Fanfani, F. Bellavia, M. Iuliani, A. Piva and C. Colombo, "FISH: Face Intensity-Shape Histogram representation for automatic face splicing detection". Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Elsevier 2019
- M. Iuliani, M. Fanfani, C. Colombo and A. Piva, "Reliability Assessment of Principal Point Estimates for Forensic Applications". Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Elsevier, 2017
- F. Bellavia, M. Fanfani, and C. Colombo, "Selective visual odometry for accurate AUV localization". Autonomous Robots, 1-11, Springer, 2017
- M. Fanfani, F. Bellavia and C. Colombo, "Accurate keyframe selection and keypoint tracking for robust visual odometry". Machine Vision and Applications, 27(2): 833-844, Springer 2016.
- F. Bellavia, M. Iuliani, M. Fanfani, C. Colombo and A. Piva, "PRNU pattern alignment for images and videos based on scene content". In Proceedings 26th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing ICIP 2019, Special Session on New Challenges in Video PRNU, Taipei, Taiwan, September 2019, ICIP 2019
M. Fanfani and C. Colombo, "Structural change detection by direct 3D model comparison". In Proceedings 14th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications VISAPP 2019, Prague, Czech Republic, February 2019, pp. V:760-767, Scitepress 2019.
- M. Fanfani, F. Bellavia, G. Bassetti, F. Argenti and C. Colombo, "3D Map Computation from Historical Stereo Photographs of Florence". In Proceedings International Conference on The Future of Heritage Science and Technologies Heri-Tech 2018, Florence, Italy, May 2018. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 364, IOP 2018.
- B. Allotta, R. Costanzi, A. Ridolfi, C. Colombo, F. Bellavia, M. Fanfani, F. Pazzaglia, O. Salvetti, D. Moroni, M. A. Pascali, M. Reggiannini, M. Kruusmaa, T. Salumae, G. Frost, N. Tsiogkas, D. M. Lane, M. Cocco, L. Gualdesi, D. Roig, H. T. Gundogdu, E. I. Tekdemir, M. Ismet, C. Dede, S. Baines, F. Agneto, P. Selvaggio, S. Tusa, S. Zangara, U. Dresen, P. Latti, T. Saar, W. Daviddi, "The ARROWS project: adapting and developing robotics technologies for underwater archaeology". IFAC-PapersOnLine, 48(2): 194-199, Elsevier 2015.
- B. Allotta, S. Baines, F. Bartolini, F. Bellavia, C. Colombo, R. Conti, R. Costanzi, C. Dede, M. Fanfani, J. Gelli, H. T. Gundogdu, N. Monni, D. Moroni, M. Natalini, M. A. Pascali, F. Pazzaglia, L. Pugi, A. Ridolfi, M. Reggiannini, D. Roig, O. Salvetti, E. I. Tekdemir, "Design of a modular Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for archaeological investigations". IEEE OCEANS, 2015.
- A. Caldini, M. Fanfani and C. Colombo, "Smartphone-based obstacle detection for the visually impaired". In Proceedings 18th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing ICIAP 2015, Genoa, Italy, September 2015, pp. 480-488, Springer 2015.
- F. Bellavia, M. Fanfani, F. Pazzaglia, C. Colombo, R. Costanzi, N. Monni, A. Ridolfi and B. Allotta, "Piecewise planar underwater mosaicing". In Proceedings MST/IEEE International Conference Oceans '15, Genoa, Italy, May 2015, pp. 1-7, IEEE 2015.
- F. Bellavia, M. Fanfani and C. Colombo, "Fast adaptive frame preprocessing for 3D reconstruction". In Proceedings 10th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications VISAPP 2015, Berlin, Germany, March 2015, pp. 260-267, Springer 2015.
- F. Bellavia, M. Fanfani, F. Pazzaglia and C. Colombo, "Robust Selective Stereo SLAM without Loop Closure and Bundle Adjustment". In Proceedings 17th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing ICIAP 2013, Naples, Italy, September 2013, Springer 2013.
- M. Fanfani, F. Bellavia, F. Pazzaglia and C. Colombo, "SAMSLAM: Simulated Annealing Monocular SLAM". In Proceedings 15th International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns CAIP 2013, York, UK, August 2013, Springer 2013.
- M. Fanfani and C. Colombo, "LaserGun: a Tool for Hybrid 3D Reconstruction". In Proceedings 9th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems ICVS 2013, St. Petersburg, Russia, July 2013, Springer 2013.
- B. Allotta, S. Bargagliotti, L. Botarelli, A. Caiti, V. Calabro', G. Casa, M. Cocco, S. Colantonio, C. Colombo, S. Costa, M. Fanfani, L. Franchi, P. Gambogi, L. Gualdesi, D. La Monica, M. Magrini, M. Martinelli, D. Moroni, A. Munafo', G. Pace, C. Papa, M. A. Pascali, G. Pieri, M. Reggiannini, M. Righi, O. Salvetti, M. Tampucci, "Thesaurus Project: Design of New Autonomous Underwater Vehicles for Documentation and Protection of Underwater Archaeological Sites". In Proceedings 4th International Conference, EuroMed 2012, Limassol, Cyprus, October 2012.